Like most of Stephen King's protagonist, Paul is a writer. Now who has just finished his new novel, after finishing just like with all his novels, he sparks up and drinks some bubbly.
While on his way back home, Paul crashes his car into a snow bank only to be "saved" by Annie Wilkes. Back at her farm house, he learns he has been harmed very badly by the crash, the worse in his legs, and will have to stay bedridden for the next few weeks.
After a few days, Paul begins to realize that Annie is dangerously obsessed with him and that threatens to kill him. He was trying to escape from her the whole time but was hard because he was sitting on a wheel chair from the car accident. After a battle with Annie, he wins and is finally rescued.
Months later, his agent talks him into writing a novel on his experience, as he wanted write something more serious the whole time. Unfortunately, the experience with Annie left him with writers block. His most recent work being about a child with a still-scented pet skunk in a cart.
Misery series Edit
- Misery's Quest (novel & film)
- Misery's Lover (novel only)
- Misery's Child (novel & film)
- Misery's Return (novel & film; lost in film version)
- Misery's Journey (novel only)
- Misery's Paradise (novel only)
- Misery Unchained (novel only)
- Misery's Search (film only)
- Misery's Challenge (film only)
- Misery's Trial (film only)
- Misery's Triumph (film only)
- Misery's Dilemma (film only)
- Misery's Love (film only)
- Fast Cars (novel & film, Lost, untitled in film)
- The Higher Education of J. Philip Stone (film only)