19 is a mystical number that appears regularly throughout the works of Stephen King, particularly the Dark Tower series.
- In the Man in Black's note, "nineteen" is said to be the keyword that will unlock Nort's memories of what he'd seen while he was dead.
Names containing nineteen letters.
- Ted Stevens Brautigan
- Claudia y Inez Bachman
- Donald Frank Callahan
- Richard Patrick Sayre
- Dennis Edward Hazlett
Story titles containing nineteen letters:
Phrases containing nineteen letters:
- "The Coming of the White"
- "Hyperborean Wanderer"
- "A ROSE IS A ROSE IS A ROSE"
- In The Shining, the most dangerous room in the Overlook Hotel is room 217. 2 + 17 = 19
- The license plate number of Lisey Landon's BMW is 5761RD. The sum of 5 + 7 + 6 + 1 = 19, while RD are the initials of gunslinger Roland Deschain.
- N. explains to Dr. John Bonsaint that half of 3728 is 1864, and that the digits of 1864 add up to 19, "a powerful odd number."
- Claire, Sam and Joe McClatchey live at 19 Mill Road in Chester's Mill, Maine
- Jackie Wettington and Linda Everett find a scrap of paper with 1693, the code to disarm the alarm at the WCIK radio tower, written on it. The sum of 1 + 6 + 9 + 3 = 19.
- Aidan Appleton borrows a Shawshank Prison workshirt bearing the prisoner number of 9091. The sum of 9 + 0 + 9 + 1 = 19.
- Jim Rennie is assigned to room #19 at Catherine Russell Hospital in Chester's Mill for treatment of his cardiac arrhythmia.
- Pamela Chen retrieves Bus 19 from the Chester's Mill bus depot to transport residents on Visitor's Day.
- Wesley Smith was born on 19 July 1974.
- In UR 7191974, Ernest Hemingway died on 19 August 1964.
- Both Frank Faraday and William Blakely wore the uniform number 19.
- The modern-day ambulance from Kingdom Hospital is Unit 19.
- In "The Dead Zone" John Smith's last bet on the Wheel of Fortune game was 19.
- Page 129 of "the Dead Zone" "Herb turned fifty-two, Vera fifty-one, and Sarah Hazlett twenty-seven. Johnny had been in his coma for four years." (52+51-27)/4+19
- In the novel 11/22/63, the game cribbage contains the phrase "Mystic 19, the so called impossible hand."
- In the novel, 11.22.63, the address of the Dunning family is 379 Kossuth st. 3+7+9=19
- In the novel, 11.22.63, Jake stores his manuscript in lockbox 775. 7+7+5=19.
- Nineteen is the atomic number of Potassium.
- Nineteen feet is the height of the statues of both Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson in their respective memorials.
- The Renault 19 was a French car produced from 1988 to 2000.
- The 19th President of the United States was Rutherford B. Hayes.
- The 19th state admitted to the Union was Indiana.
- Nineteen apostles founded the Bahá'í faith.
- 19 months of 19 days comprise the Bahá'í calendar, as well as a 19-year cycle, and a 361-year supercycle – 361 = 19 x 19.
- 19 is said to be a mystical number in the Qur'an.
- The Qur'an contains 114 sura – 114 = 19 x 6.
- Nineteen angels are said to guard over Jahannam.
- A standard game of Go is played on a 19-by-19 board.
- 19 is the jersey numbers of:
- Johnny Unitas of the Baltimore Colts (NFL)
- Lance Alworth of the San Diego Chargers (NFL)
- Robin Yount of the Milwaukee Brewers (MLB)
- Tony Gwynn of the San Diego Padres (MLB)
- Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians (MLB)
- Josh Beckett of the Florida Marlins and Boston Red Sox (MLB)
- Willis Reed of the New York Knicks (NBA)
- Steve Yzerman of the Detroit Red Wings (NHL)
- Bill Masterton fo the Minnesota North Stars (NHL)
- Larry Robinson of the Montreal Canadiens (NHL)
- Joe Sakic of the Colorado Avalanche (NHL)
- Bryan Trottier of the New York Islanders (NHL)
- "Hey Nineteen is a 1980 Steely Dan song.
- "I Was Only Nineteen" is a 1983 Redgum anti-Vietnam War song.
- "19" is a 1985 Paul Hardcastle anti-Vietnam War song.
- "19 is a 2003 album by Alsou.
- "19 is the 2006 debut albus by Evan Yo.
- "19 is the 2008 debut album by Adele.
- "Nineteen" is the title of songs by Bad4good, Buck-O-Nine, Tegan and Sara, Phil Lynott, and Old 97's.
- "19th Nervous Breakdown" is a song by the Rolling Stones.
- "Balance of the 19" is a song by Secret Chiefs 3.
- Nineteen angels serve as "wardens of the Fire" according to the Qur'an (74:30).
- The epilogue of J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is titled "Nineteen Years Later."
- Jodi Picoult's first New York Times Best Seller was titled Nineteen Minutes.
- The Louis Sachar series "Sideways Stories" mentions a nonexistent 19th story of the 30-story Wayside School, taught by a nonexistent teacher named Miss Zarves. Curiously, this 19th-story classroom actually does appear in Wayside School is Falling Down and is supposedly impossible to escape, resulting in a horror-like trope not commonly found in Sachar's books.
- "Hey Nineteen" was the 88th episode of Wings, named after the Steely Dan song.
- "Deus Ex Machina" is the 19th episode of Lost. At the house of Dandelo, Susannah Holmes finds a note from Stephen King reading "RELAX! HERE COMES THE DEUS EX MACHINA!" Lost producers have acknowledged The Stand as a text influencial to the creation of the television series, and King has made repeated references to Lost in his most recent writing, including Duma Key and Under the Dome (the latter of which also refers to a Lost sequel entitled The Hunted Ones).